Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Ku-Tip: Getting old?

In 2008, my sweet Mom sent Brady and I our annual Christmas card. It was signed, "Love Mom and Jane."

Confused, I called Mom and asked, "Were you in a hurry? You forgot to sign Dad's name and instead signed yours twice!"

Mom laughed at her hurried mistake and we moved on.

Fast forward to Christmas 2009. Brady and I opened up our Christmas card only to see it signed again, "Love Mom and Jane."

I called Mom again, crying because I was laughing so hard.

I said, "Mom, either you're getting old or else you have a secret that you keep forgetting to tell me!"

We laughed again, and Mom pledged to not make the same mistake again this year.

So, for two years in a row, my Dad has not sent us a Christmas card. I hope he redeems himself in 2010.

Ku-Tip: If your Mom screws up once, it's a mistake. If your Mom screws up twice, she's getting old.

Love you Mom!

166 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment