Friday, September 24, 2010

Friday Ku-Tip: Let me direct you

About five days ago my office phone started ringing. A lot. A lot more than usual. And with some of the most random questions.
"Yes, I'd like to make an appointment to spay my cat." Nope, not for me.

"I'd like to verify employment for {insert name other than people who actually work in the CEHD}." Never heard of them.

"I'd like to order a transcript." I don't handle transcripts.

"Yeah, uh, I need to book a racquetball court." This is not the Rec Center.

"Do you know when Texas A&M's homecoming is this fall?" We have homecoming?
I could go on and on, but I won't, because this post would never end.

I finally had enough gumption to ask one of the callers how they found my number.
Random Caller: "I Googled it."

"You Googled it?" I asked.

Random Caller: "Yes, when I Google Texas A&M University, this number appears."
Well crap. This is so wrong it's not even funny.

Sure enough, I went to Google and tried it myself, and this is exactly what appears.


Sorry, just got off the phone again. When will it end?

Ku-Tip: Memorize the university's main directory number. It comes in handy when you have to repeat it about 24 times a day.


210 words.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me very tempted to pick up the phone and call you Mrs. K! :) (but I'll pass - and get to work on updating my blog even though I'm the worst blogger ever!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! You think just like Brady. He totally called me today and asked for the university. Apparently, I had forgotten to tell him this and he got a pretty good laugh from it all. Hope you're doing well. Miss you tons!

    ReplyDelete