Thursday, October 21, 2010

And the Pot Calls the Kettle Black

The husband, cowboy and teacher
You already know that Brady hates getting into arguments with me because he feels I intentionally use "lawyer talk" on him to win. Well, I do like to win. But I don't intentionally do anything. It's just how I argue. I like to use points.
  1. They're effective
  2. They keep my thoughts organized
  3. They annoy Brady
There, so sue me.

But, now there's a little bit of the pot calling the kettle black. Have you ever gotten into an argument with a husband who is not only a teacher, but a pretty darn good one at that?

This conversation actually happened yesterday while Brady was squinting to see what he was working on using his iPad.
Jenna: "Have you even worn your new glasses yet?"
Brady: "Nope."
Jenna: "Why not? Why did we spend money to get your eyes checked and buy glasses if you weren't going to wear them?"
Brady: "Because I see worse with them on. And I never even wanted to get my eyes checked. You made me."
Jenna: "You have to wear them for a while to get used to them. Will you please go get your glasses and wear them!"
Brady: "I'm not going out to the barn to get them. Maybe if you would be a little more constructive instead of just yelling at me than I would want to go get my glasses."
Jenna: "Fine, here's constructive for you. Will you please carry your glasses with you at all times so you can wear them when necessary?"
Brady: "Fine."
Constructive? Really?

Stay tuned for the next courtroom/classroom battle.

267 words.

No comments:

Post a Comment