Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Name That Musician Contest!

So, I found these old pictures of some Texas Country musicians that we went to see one night at good ole' Hurricane Harry's. Before they were mainstream. Before anybody else knew about them. Before they charged for their concerts (this concert was free if I remember correctly).

These pictures are like eight years old! I know, now I feel old myself.

But they remind me of a time when all I had to worry about was what to do on a Thursday night in Aggieland. Or if I wanted Whataburger or Taco C at 2:00 in the morning (I hope you don't even have to think twice on this one).

So, I thought I'd post for everyone's enjoyment.

And, now I have a challenge for you. First person to comment and name each musician correctly will win a prize.

What kind of prize, you ask? Bragging rights. And the sheer satisfaction of knowing that you are cooler than anyone else who reads my blog. And I will congratulate you for being the smartest person I know. Seriously — I will.

May the best groupie win!

#1
#2
#3
#4
#5
#6
#7
184 words.

3 comments:

  1. I knew 3 through 7... but you need to save the pics as something else! When I scroll over my settings allow me to see the name! Didn't want to ruin your contest so I'll let you edit and keep my knowledge a secret! ;-) PS.. #4 was one of the best concerts I ever went to at Harry's, if that was the time he played in 2004!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, thanks Kristen! Stupid computer settings that are smarter than me. These were all taken at the same concert. It was a free acoustic show that they put on...and as you can tell, we had front row seats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know everyone of these, as I should, because I was there.

    #1--Blue Edmondson

    #2--Jason Boland

    #3--John Evans

    #4--Phil Pritchett

    #5--Randy Rogers

    #6--Roger Creager

    #7--Wade Bowen

    This was a pretty sweet concert I must say. Not too many more like that.

    ReplyDelete